Sunday, July 4, 2010


So Friday, Halie and I had off from work. There had been only one thing on my mind all week and that was visiting Rose and taking her a little gift.

I'd been rolling it around in my mind for the past month and I thought it would be a very good idea to go ahead and take her down a box of Adequan. I wanted to do the main loading dose and then the maintenance dose once a month. The more and more I thought about, I thought to myself how crazy I'd be if I did NOT do it. It's a great product and Rose has made it this far, I would hate to think I could have done something as a preventative rather than do nothing and have something happen. Thus I packed up my box of Adequan in the cooler and headed down to visit.

It was a quick visit. Halie and I only took a handful of phone pictures. TBG wasn't even expecting us so I didn't expect him to ride. Didn't even take the camera.
She's doing wonderful. Whatever The Big Guy is doing, it's working. She's so content and peaceful at his farm it just makes it all worthwhile knowing she's still happy with living the "horse in training" life. I ran my hand down all her legs, clean as a whistle. Halie checked her back and didn't find any soreness. She got her cookies and scratches and then we headed off.

If TBG feels she's ready, he told us he's going to haul her to her first show next weekend. I don't want to jinx it and she may or may not show but we shall see and I'll update as soon as I know for certain.

5 comments:

JJ said...

Thanks for the update, I really enjoy your blog and I'm happy the girl is doing well :)

OldMorgans said...

Also, I thank you for the update.

Anonymous said...

such awesome news on the potential first show. Can't believe how far she has come :-)

phaedra96 said...

I certainly hope she does well. She has the breeding for it; hopefully she can stay sound and show 'em all!

Anonymous said...

Adequan has worked wonders on my thoroughbred.. it's definitely worth a shot